During this Saturday afternoon I was chatting with a friend of mine ( Matteo ) and he asked for some help to fix a Python script he was working on.
He was trying to deobfuscate an APK in order to understand its obfuscation and anti tampering (more on this later) protections so I started working on it as well.
This was definitely way more challenging ( and fun! ) than my usual APK reversing session ( dex2jar -> jd-gui -> done ), moreover this required me to write a new tool which I find kinda cool and unique ( IMHO of course ), so I’m going to share the story in this post.
I’m going to intentionally skip a few details here and there because I do not want to cause any harm to the people who wrote that application, all the involved protection mechanisms are there to avoid piracy.